From your friends at Westcliff Inspection Services!
A home inspection is a must for home buyers. If you too are about to buy a new property, must also agree that you need to have your new home inspected thoroughly before finally deciding to make a purchase. The structure’s interior, attic, garage, electric system, plumbing, and heating system are only a few of the things that need careful checking, and these are what the Westcliff Inspection Services is here for–to check all the items in your home inspection checklist.
What to include in your home inspection checklist
Each time you are buying a new property or a home, you must have it inspected thoroughly prior to finalizing the purchase. Ignoring this essential task can result in various problems you may not be aware of. These said problems can even be quite costly to solve. Therefore, as early as now you must already have your own home inspection list. First-time buyers don’t have to worry if they don’t know anything about home inspection. What we typically inspect are all the important items needed to be checked inside every home, regardless of its size. You can make your own new home inspection checklist by putting the items below:
- Structure’s interior (Under this item, include the kitchen cabinets, windows, electric outlets, walls, closets, floors, exhaust, electrical outlets, and counters)
- Basement and Crawl Space (Be sure to have the flooring, stairways, foundation materials, water penetration, drainage, flooring, area ventilation and supporting members inspected)
- Plumbing (Include here, the kitchen and bath fixtures, shutoff valves, vents, and water flow)
- Attic (This includes the ventilation, accessibility, water penetration, storage, framing, and insulation)
- Air Conditioning (Under this item, be sure to list the equipment ductwork and zones for inspection)
- Electrical System (It is important to include the service entry, overload protection rating, bonding, type, distribution panel, fixtures, circuits, outlets, branch systems, and conductor materials for inspection
- Heating System (This item for inspecting must include the zones, equipment, ductwork/piping, energy source, and safety controls)
- Carport or garage (Include the safety controls, overhead doors, and the fire protection materials for checking
- Domestic Water Heater (This includes the capacity, safety controls, equipment, and energy source
Even if you do not have your own checklist, you will know if you are the right home inspector if he has all the items mentioned in his own list. To ensure everything inside the home you are about to buy is checked or carefully inspected, hire a home inspector from Westcliff Inspection Services. This company boasts of certified inspectors whose expertise is to make the necessary and careful inspection of each and every item listed above.